We are sorry to inform that, due to the situation in the South-Eastern Ukraine, we have to cancel ICTERI 2014 in its traditional format subsuming the physical presense of the authors of the accepted papers at the conference.
The majority of the Foreign Offices in Europe and overseas strongly discourage their citizens from visiting Ukraine these days due to the reasons all of us know well. Unfortunately, there is a very low probability that the situation will stabilize enough by the planned dates of ICTERI 2014 in mid-June. So, we can not expect that many of our authors will have enough guaranteed safety and comfort to attend the event.
We apologize for that though the reasons for this desision are far beyond our control.
Nevertheless, we continue to fully respect your devotion to ICTERI and the effort you spent in preparing your submissions. So, we did all we could to make these efforts remain productive. The Plan B we agreed upon with our Publisher (Springer CCIS Series) is as follows:
- Based on the ICTERI review results Springer CCIS will publish the volume of the best selected chapters which are the refined and extended versions of the papers you submitted
- So, we offer you to refine and extend your submission to make a chapter having up to 24 LNCS pages
- The hard deadline for the (re-)submission of these extended chapters will be 24:00 EET on Sunday, May the 11-th, 2014
- We will use the same ICTERI evaluation criteria for reviewing these chapters
- A new phase in the review process will be introduced - the Rebuttal Phase. You will be given an opportunity to reply to the reviewers comments in about a week time. The final decision about your submission will be made based on the assessment of your reply to the review comments by the PC members.
- From the authors of the accepted chapters we will request:
- The camera-ready version of your submission which best and most constructively implements the comments and suggestions given in the reviews
- The presentation of the material described in your chapter - as if you are supposed to present it at the conference. This presentation will be uploaded to a public resource providing the discussion functionality (commenting/posing questions/answering questions) to a visitor.
The IMPORTANT DATES in the WORKFLOW now are as follows:
- Draft manuscript submission deadline: Sunday, May 11, 2014 (HARD DEADLINE)
- Reviews due and communicated to the authors: Monday, June 23, 2014
- Rebuttal phase for authors finishes: Sunday, June 29, 2014
- Final review updates, remarks, and ACCEPTANCE decisions communicated to the authors: Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- Camera Ready versions of the Accepted Papers due: Sunday, July 20, 2014 (HARD DEADLINE)
- Presentations of the Accepted Papers due: Sunday, July 27, 2014 (HARD DEADLINE)
Conference Theme: ICT in Education, Research, and Industrial Applications: Integration, Harmonization, and Knowledge Transfer
Conference Language: ENGLISH
ICTERI is a peer-reviewed International Computer Science conference that brings together academics and practitioners interested in the technological advances and business applications of Information and Communication Technologies and Infrastructures.
ICTERI focuses on real world applications; therefore authors should highlight the benefits of their results or experience for industry and services, in addition to academic world. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Both technological and methodological submissions are welcome. All papers must describe original work, not previously published or submitted elsewhere.
ICTERI offers its infrastructure and facilities for the organizers of satellite Workshops that match the scope of the conference.
ICTERI also plans hosting a small number of short Tutorials on the topics related to the general theme of the conference. The role of an ICTERI tutorial is to be a theme-oriented comprehensive survey.
Companies or individuals interested in presenting their products/methodologies or in sponsoring the conference are invited to contact the conference steering committee. This year ICTERI will comprise a collection of such talks and presentations as its IT Talks sub-event.
Previously, the international proceedings volume of ICTERI were published at CEUR-WS (ISSN 1613-0073, http://ceur-ws.org/):
|The post-proceedings of ICTERI 2012 have been published as:
Ermolayev, V., Mayr, H.C., Nikitchenko, M., Spivakovsky, A., Zholtkevych, G. (eds.): ICT in Education, Research and Industrial Applications. Springer Verlag, Berilin-Heidelberg, CCIS Vol. 347, 2013, 245 p.
The post-proceedings of ICTERI 2013 are published as: